Service

Oxide ceramics

Oxide ceramics are ceramic materials that consist of only one oxide. They generally consist of over 90% single-phase and single-component metal oxides. The remaining 10% is made up of additives to improve properties. In order to ensure the high purity of the raw materials, these are obtained synthetically. Because of this, they develop a very even structure at high sintering temperatures. For this reason, they’re mostly used in high-strength and wear-resistant applications. Oxide ceramics include Al2O3, MgO, CaO, TiO2, ZrO2 and BeO.

Non-binding advice for your company

Do you still have questions about technical ceramics?
Our technical experts at 3M will be happy to advise you conveniently and individually by phone, e-mail or online meeting.

From 3M™ Ceramics Experts: Non-binding advice for your company

Yes, I have read, understood and accepted the 3M Privacy Policy